October 4 & 5, 2023 – 9:30 am to 2:15 pm
Please note that this is an invite-only event organized for select grade 5 and 10 history and civics classes. Teachers, please ensure you are the only person registering for your class. The deadline to register is September 20, 2023 at 4:30 pm.
Date: October 4-5, 2023 from 9:30 am to 2:15 pm.
Opening ceremony: 9:15 am on October 4. If you plan on attending the ceremony, please arrive on time.
Location: SGEI at Niizhwaaching Aanikoobijigeng Gikinoo’amaadiiwigamig (Fort Frances) campus grounds, 1452 Idylwild Drive, Fort Frances, ON
Lunch: Soup and bannock will be provided. Students are welcome to bring their own lunches.
Weather: Fall Harvest is an all-weather event. We encourage all participants to dress warm. Warming stations will be on site.
Event contact: Robert Horton, firstname.lastname@example.org
Wild rice parching
Honouring our children
Wild rice dancing
Wild rice winnowing
Bannock on a stick
Wild rice finishing
Bees and honey
Geese and bear grease
Resources for teachers
Learn about Treaty #3
- Manidoo Mazina’igan (Treaty #3) Summary
- Treaty #3 as published by Canada
- The Creator Placed Us Here: Timeline of Significant Events of the Anishinaabeg of Treaty #3
- Updates to the Treaty #3 History Timeline
- Wampum at Niagara: Royal Proclamation, Canadian Legal History, and Self-Government by John Burrows
- We have kept our Part of the Treaty: The Anishinaabe Understanding of Treaty #3