We provide hands-on, customizable training programs specific to employers’ needs to prepare future employees for the demands of the workplace.
Are you looking to hire? Let SGEI find the perfect fit for your team. We have a list of trained individuals ready for the workplace. We work with your business to develop a recruitment strategy that adheres to your hiring policies.
SGEI can train your employees for up to 8 weeks, free of cost. Work one-on-one with training staff to develop a training program that fits your specific business needs. We can train your staff on-location or at our campuses in Fort Frances and Kenora. Upon completion, trainees receive certificates of completion.
Training topics and certificates
Some of our popular training topics and certificates include, but are not limited to:
- First Aid/CPR
- Food and Beverage Server, OTEC
- Housekeeping, OTEC
- Introduction to mining safety
- Janitorial Services, OTEC
- Leadership Development
- Line Cook, OTEC
- Literacy and essential skills
- Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Safe boating
- Safe Food Handling
- Service Excellence, OTEC
- Smart Serve
- Violence and Harassment Prevention
Whether we supply the training or you train in-house, SGEI can provide an hourly training allowance for all eligible employees in training. We pay $14.00 an hour for a maximum of 8 weeks, at no cost to you.
Following SGEI or in-house training, SGEI can provide a wage subsidy. Prior to hiring your new, eligible employee, a wage subsidy agreement will be put in place with the following stipulations:
- No limit on the number of employees
- A maximum of $14.00 an hour per person
- A maximum of 16 weeks from employment start date (depending on eligibility)
- A maximum of 38.5 hours per week (depending on eligibility)
- Includes coverage for a maximum of 14.34% Mandatory Employment Related Costs (MERC)
- Employers must commit to a minimum of 30 hours of employment per week.
Any employer is eligible to participate in any of the above partnerships with SGEI. All employees must be new hires. Other eligibility requirements vary depending on strict funding guidelines. For more information on employee eligibility, contact our training staff.
Email our training department at training @7generations.org for more information.