Administrative Assistant-Accounts Payable
Eighteen Month (18) contract- (Maternity Leave)
Posted: September 7, 2018
The Administrative Assistant-Accounts Payable is directly responsible for performing data entry and related duties in disbursing payments to individuals, suppliers, corporations, and other entities. This includes filing, maintaining and updating financial spreadsheets and performing other administrative duties of the finance department. The Administration Assistant-Accounts Payable will ensure the timely and accurate processing of payment documents such as purchase orders, travel reimbursements, and any other accounting transactions related to A/P functions.
• Collaborate within the Finance Department to maintain A/P performance levels.
• Perform Accounts Payable and Administrative filing duties.
• Enter Accounts Payable data.
• Post and reconcile company payments to general ledgers.
• Perform other administrative duties of the finance department, as required.
• Review bills to the organization for potential errors and/or discrepancies.
• Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions.
• Accounting diploma or working towards an accounting degree or diploma and five (5) years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, preferred.
• Five (5) years’ direct experience in an A/P capacity, preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
• Experience with Microsoft Office, specifically excel and word.
• Experience in gathering data, compiling the proper information, and preparing financial reports.
• Able to perform moderate to complex account reconciliations.
• Basic knowledge of accounting systems/software (Sage 300/AccPac), budgets, and internal controls.
Location: Fort Frances
Salary: To be negotiated
Applications must include a cover letter, current resume, including three (3) employment related references; one (1) of which must be from a current or recent supervisor. Please submit by 12:00 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, September 20, 2018 to the attention of:
Seven Generations Education Institute
P.O. Box 297, 1455 Idylwild Drive
Fort Frances, Ontario P9A 3M6
Fax #: (807) 274-8761 or Email email@example.com
For a complete job description contact: Michelle Allan-Director of Human Resources. We would like to thank everyone for their application but only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodation in the recruitment process is available upon request for applicants with disabilities.