Equitable Access Coordinator-Kenora
ONE (1) YEAR CONTRACT (Internal/External Posting)
(Posted-Wednesday October 11, 2017)
Providing navigation support related to careers and PSE (apprenticeship training, college and university) pathways planning, secondary school programming (i.e., OYAP, Dual Credits, cooperative education, etc.) and appropriate course selection to inform their PSE pathway and Individual Pathways Plan (IPP); and helping students navigate Ontario College Application Services (OCAS) and/or Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) websites and processes to complete their applications to Post-Secondary Education Institution(s). In addition the Equitable Access Coordinator will assist in short-term job-shadowing, personalized site visits to local PSE institutions, delivering workshops and information sessions promoting the value of PSE and PSE pathways for students and parents/guardians. Connecting students with liaisons at the various PSE institutions to continue the wraparound supports once they graduate secondary school.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, preferably B.Ed. or Post-Secondary Diploma
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) as well as strong interpersonal, organizational and computer skills.
- Experience in providing counseling services to students in an education setting.
- Crucial to this position is a demonstrated ability to understand cultural influences and social/health issues specific to students/adult learners in the Treaty #3 area.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Aboriginal culture is preferred.
Director of Apprenticeship/Associate Director, Essential Skills and Post-Secondary Education
RESPONSIBILITIES – MAJOR
- Deliver counseling services to students.
- To work collaboratively with other Seven Generations staff in the assessment and development of action plans to ensure student success.
- To research, promote and administer identified programs that will assist students in being able to complete their education goals.
- To actively recruit students for program(s)
- To work with the Secondary Teacher(s)
- Network with Staff from Post-Secondary Institution(s).
- Prepare and submit reports on a timely basis.
Applications must include a cover letter, current resume, including three (3) employment-related references; one (1) of which must be from a current or recent supervisor. Please submit by 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 1, 2017, to the attention of:
Seven Generations Education Institute
P.O. Box 297, 1455 Idylwild Drive
Fort Frances, Ontario P9A 3M6
Fax#: (807) 274-8761 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank everyone for their application, but only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodation in the recruitment process is available upon request for applicants with disabilities.
For a complete job description: please contact Michelle Allan-Director of Human Resources