SEVEN GENERATIONS EDUCATION INSTITUTE
CASUAL BANQUET PORTER(s)
(Posted-September 7, 2018)
Manidoo Baawaatig (Seven Generations Education Institute) Event Centre is looking for a Casual Banquet Porter(s) to join our growing team. The Casual Banquet Porter(s) must be able to work well independently, as well as in a team setting, in fast-paced, time-sensitive environment. The Casual Banquet Porter(s) will be responsible for ensuring set ups are complete, organized and are in line with the established event needs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be in good physical condition; able to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift; able to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 40 pounds without assistance
- Able to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, late nights, holidays and weekends
- Able to work well in a fast-paced environment, under short time constraints and within established deadlines
- Personable and pleasing when dealing with staff, clients and students,
- Fluency in Anishinaabe language, preferred,
- Must have excellent oral communication skills
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Must have demonstrated customer service skills
- Prepare coffee breaks, carts, and stations with appropriate food and beverages as stated in Banquet Event Order.
- Prepare tables, action stations, buffets, service carts, dessert table/carts and cordial carts.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen. Ensure courses are cleared and tables are properly crumbed. Respond to and try to fulfill any special banquet event arrangements.
SUPERVISOR: Event Coordinator
Location: Manidoo Baawaatig, Kenora, Ontario
Deadline for applications: 12:00 p.m. (CST) Friday, September 21, 2018
Personnel Committee, Seven Generations Education Institute
P.O. Box 297, Fort Frances, Ontario P9A 3M6
Phone: 807-274-2796; Fax 807-274-8761
For a complete job description contact: Michelle Allan-Director of Human Resources. We would like to thank everyone for their application but only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodation in the recruitment process is available, upon request for applicants with disabilities.