Seven Generations Education Institute Offers a variety of programs for adult learners at the Secondary level.
What is it?
A program that allows students to apply two co-op credits towards their compulsory high school graduation requirements, with no limit on earning optional co-op credits.
Who is it for?
Students who are heading for university, college, apprenticeship or the workplace.
How does it help?
Students have the opportunity to:
- Experience hands-on learning
- “Test-drive” career options
- See the relevance of their classroom learning
- Develop the essential skills and habits required in the workplace
- Gain valuable work experience to help build a resumé for post-secondary programs and future employment
PLAR – Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition.
Did you know that you can earn your Grade 12 Diploma in less than a year through PLAR – Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition.
PLAR is a process used to evaluate learning received outside the education system. With PLAR you can fast track your Grade 9 and 10 credits. Motivated students are able to complete Grades 9 and 10 within a 2 month time frame. You will need to complete lessons and assessments in 4 areas: English, Math, History/Geography, and Science. After successfully completing all 4 assessments, you will be awarded up to 16 Grade 9/10 credits, and an additional GWL3O credit.
Adults learn from a variety of experiences and sources outside the classroom. PLAR allows you to earn up to 10 equivalent Grade 11 and Grade 12 credits from your work and life experience.
You are eligible for the PLAR program if you:
- are 18 years of age or older
- have been out of high school for a year
- didn’t finish grade 9 or 10
At our sites, we offer a wide variety of credit courses.
Types of Courses:
- Locally Developed
- University/College Preparation
- College Preparation
- Workplace Preparation
- Business Studies
- Canadian and World Studies
- Guidance and Career Education
- Health and Physical Education
- Native Studies
- Social Sciences and Humanities
- Technological Education
- The Arts
Sean Taggart – Principal, Seven Generations Secondary School
P.O. Box 297, 1455 Idylwild Drive
Fort Frances, ON P9A 3M6
PH: (807) 274-8569
Fax: (807) 274-1992
Richard Hodgkinson – Adult & Alternative Education Administrator, KPDSB
79 Casimir Avenue, Dryden, ON P8N 2Z6
PH: (807) 223-5311 Ext:295
Fax: (807) 223-5595
Brendan Smyth – Vice Principal, Seven Generations Secondary School
PH: (807) 938-1289
Fax: (807) 938-1247
(807) 223-5553 ext. 2448
IGNACE / PICKLE LAKE
RED LAKE / EAR FALLS